|Have I ever been jet-skiing? Baby, I'm a pro. |
Well, it's not like that.
- You put a round ball into a circular metal ring = basketball
- going from one location to another location, possibly taking pictures of buildings, statues, and stuff at that new location = travelling
- pressing a button on a device to capture it = photography
- mixing together ingredients and heating them = cooking
- sitting and observing moving pictures tell a story = watching television / movies
- hitting a ball into a hole = golf
- running with a ball to the other side of the field = football
- hitting a ball with a stick = baseball
- hitting a disc with a stick = hockey
- moving pieces on a board to the other side = checkers / chess
What it boils down to is: don't let people make you feel that you're too old for anything. Hell, don't even make yourself feel that way. Everyone enjoys different things in life, and if one of those things is video games, that's just as much of a waste of time as doing any of the other countless hobbies you could be enjoying. The video clip shared with TV personality Donny Deutsch and anchors agreeing it's "weird" to be playing video games in your 30's should not be taken seriously by anyone. He's a TV personality. What does that even mean? He's just a guy that spouts his opinions on television. Kind of like what I'm doing blogging. Just spouting opinion.
I just believe my opinion is a much more positive one: be yourself, enjoy being a gamer, and enjoy life the way that you want, no matter which age that you happen to be.
If Danny Deutsch and the women in the TODAY clip all think it's weird to be playing video games after 30, there are plenty of more people, more than you could imagine, that think it's absolutely awesome.